7 Fundamentals to a good website
1. Make a good first impression, within 5 – 10 seconds of arriving on the site. Ask yourself does this company look professional? If this is how they display their public image how are they going to look after me?
2. Ensure the site is easy to navigate and you’re able to find what you are looking for.
3. Responsive design – searching via mobile and tablet is now greater than desktop searches and is only going to grow. In general this means no more flash element on a website as it is not supported by mobile Apple based devices.
4. Make key selling point obvious and easy to see. Call to action or show me the money buttons such as phone today, order now, free on-site inspection, book today.
5. Make it easy for your user to contact you. The phone number and or email should be located in top right hand side of the header.
6. Content: It is important to provide users with information as they research your company’s products and services. It is also vital to search engines so these can assist with organic search engine rankings.
7. Monitor your sites traffic. One of the great advantages of digital marketing is that it is accountable and trackable daily so you can learn where your customers are coming from and what they want.